OSSTMM Professional Security Expert Accredited Certification (OPSE)
Do you need to see our Exam and Training Schedule?
The OPSE certification is our official OSSTMM certification based on the Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM). The OSSTMM provides a complete methodology on performing security testing from the outside to the inside. This certification determines your ability to comprehend the OSSTMM.
ISECOM does not offer an official training course for the OPSE but is the official certification authority for it. You may want to look to the ISECOM web page for accredited training partners offering the class.
To become accredited you need:
- Understand the testing concepts for all sections and modules in the newest version of the OSSTMM.
- Understand how to calculate project plans and man hours.
- Be able to calculate project time scheduling and man hours according to the OSSTMM Rules of Thumb.
- Be able to calculate Risk Assessment Values.
- Understand the Rules of Engagement.
Unlike the OPST and OPSA, the OPSE is not an open book exam. The exam is 4 hours of 100 knowledge questions in 10 categories:
- Project Planning
- Risk Assessment
- Information Security Testing
- Process Security Testing
- Internet Technology Security Testing
- Communications Security Testing
- Wireless Security Testing
- Physical Security Testing
In a nutshell, the OPSE is for professionals with little networking and security experience. It is a fast track certification to prove one has a thorough knowledge of the OSSTMM, how it works, what it means, and why it is applied.